Our position on vaping
The Ministry of Health and the Health Promotion Agency/Te Hiringa Hauora are supported by a number of other organisations in their position on vaping.
What we agree on
- Vaping is not for children or young people.
- Vaping is not for non-smokers.
- The best thing you can do for your health is be smokefree and vape free.
- Vaping is not harmless but it is much less harmful than smoking.
- Vaping can help some people quit smoking.
Organisations who endorse this message
Ministry of Health
Health Promotion Agency/Te Hiringa Hauora (HPA)
Hāpai te Hauora
Action for Smokefree 2025 (ASH)
National Training Service (NTS)
New Zealand Medical Association (NZMA)
All District Health Boards
Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand
New Zealand College of Midwives